Greg & I bought a house in Wesley Chapel this spring and although it's big enough for us & has lots of the touches we like in a home, we've got a long wish list of projects to take on, redecorating to do & upgrades to make.
Because sharing this wish list is likely the best way for me to stay on task, I'm going to share here. Perhaps that'll even inspire me to update this blog more regularly. Speaking of this blog...this whole thing started to keep family & friends that didn't live close updated on our lives. Now it seems it's more about documenting this blur of a life so that I can keep track of it. Either way, I need to be more diligent in updating the story of our lives, even if it is only for us.
So here's the list! I'm already looking forward to checking these things off!
Finish Coop's Nursery: Because it's the only room in the house that actually has any kind of intention behind it in terms of how it's decorated NOW. There's still a few things to do:
- I'd like to paint it, although Greg's not really a fan of that idea. Thing is, all of the furniture & frames in that room are white & the walls are also white-ish (like the rest of the house...#hmph) so I think a neutral paint color would add some great polish.
- Dye the curtains. I have some neutral colored curtains from our Chicago apartment(s) & I have RIT dye to transform them to a mustardy color to match his room. I'm actually impressed that he's been such a good sleeper in a room without curtains. It's super bright in there during the day.
- Put up the crib skirt. I have the fabric (I had my eye on it since WAY before Cooper was born, I ordered it way AFTER he was born & it's still not up.) & now that we've finally dropped his crib to a level it will likely stay for a while, it makes sense to put it up.
- Put up the book shelves. We're planning to use Ikea spice racks painted mint green to create a wall mounted book shelf. We have the paint. We have the spice racks. Time to get this done.
- Re-org & finish putting up frames & art in Cooper's room. We already have some photos & prints up, but we were gifted a sweet print from our dear friends the Frederick's for Cooper's baptism so I want to incorporate that. Also - I have some other pieces I want to hang in there.
- Come up with a plan! I've got lots of ideas for this room, and because Greg is a little less a fan of the "trendy" stuff, I'm planning to let this guest room (which also doubles as my office) be a place where the poppy colors & trendy design can go to live. I'm thinking metallics with some brights. My pinterest board is really kind of a mess.
- Update bedding & window treatments.
- Add bed frame
- Update frames & decor for a more polished look
- Update Grandma's Table. I'm not even sure I want to do this. It's a really pretty piece, but I think it could be really cool with an updated paint color. If it hadn't been my Grandma's that would be a no brainer decision. So I'm thinking about that.
Guest bathroom: I want to paint the vanity a fun poppy color (but it can't be my stand by colors - mustard, coral, turquoise) & the top white. Like this. It also needs a new mirror. & new light fixtures. I'd love to find some second hand in a salvage yard or on Craigslist. We'll see
Playroom: One of the things about this house I didn't initially love is a big open loft space between the guest room & nursery & the master bedroom. NOW that we have an almost 8 month old that is moving SO much, standing, trying to learn to walk & just generally busy I am SO glad we have a carpetted space that is open enough for him to play without us having to fear for his safety. Our plan for this room is:
- Bring the downstairs living room furniture upstairs (including the couches, the TV stand, the TV & all of the electronics.
- Sew oversized floor pillows for lounging, wrestling, movie watching, etc.
- We also have a long half wall that separates this playroom from the stairs. I think there's some projecting in the future for that wall...but I'm not sure what yet.
- I also need to come up with a good organization plan for my Frances Bee goodies & supplies.
Master Bed & Bath: Our master bedroom is where hand me downs & single life relics go to retire. The only thing "new" in there is our mattress. No actual headboard or footboard. Our nightstands are mismatched (& Greg's has FLOWERS on it...yikes). The dresser is one of my favorite pieces maybe ever, but it needs a make over. Our windows are bare. This room needs a make over. The problem is I can't decide what I want to go for. Greg's rooting for Navy. I'm game for navy. But I'm a little lost about how to execute. Our bathroom is also super boring & will need new mirrors & new light fixtures as well as updated window treatments & a fresh coat of paint.
This & That: You know...all of those other things
- I've requested a faux mantel because we don't have a fireplace.
- I'd like to put crown molding up (this isn't a must before Christmas, but I think in the next year or so)
- Update all of the hardware from contractor brass to brushed bronze
- Paint the french doors
- Update light fixtures downstairs
- Update guest bathroom with a new mirror, some paint & a couple little accent pieces.
I'm sure there's LOTS & LOTS more. But this is where I'm starting. I've got the supplies to do several of these projects. So I'm going to tackle those first & go from there.
There's also some outdoor project-ing on my list (swingset, gardening projects, patio area for the grill) so those'll float around the to do list too!
That's "all" for now :) Got a sleeping baby upstairs so I need to focus, eat lunch & watch the Kardashians. #Priorities.
Happy Monday Y'all,