Saturday, November 30, 2013

Florida Fall

Hey y'all! I guess it's probably a bad sign for my ability to do the updating after Baby M gets here if I can't get it together pre-baby. Maybe more exciting things will happen once he  joins the circus & that'll prompt me to post MORE? Here's hoping.

We are sliding into our second season back in the sunshine state. Some of us {me} are missing fall weather more than others but we still love our little house & being so close to so many friends & family. Speaking of our little house Greg has been up to his old tricks again growing grass in the yard of another house we're renting. But he loves it & it's looking real good. If only Sadie would stop with the hole digging I bet the project would be a resounding success. We've also been up to a little gardening...lemon grass, citronella, sunflowers {unsuccessfully}, basil, poppies, daisies and some other varieties of plant. We're just practicing for home-ownership.

Speaking of ownership we finally bought Greg a new {to him} car. After months and months of searching and strategizing we finally settled on a used BMW. Even though we're not its first owners we think it's pretty sharp and it was the right price which means our house hunt won't be delayed as a result of our little German addition.

And of course on the topic of little additions Baby M is still being super nice to me and growing right on track. It's hard to believe we only have 10-ish weeks to go. We finally settled on some colors for Baby M's room. Although we're not painting we are going to work these hues into his room through fabrics and furniture. Our sweet friends the Rhodins gave us a gently used glider rocking chair which we're having recovered and I've got a few DIY projects ahead of me for the crib & some decor. If any of them turn out especially well I'll share the details here. Our most recent trip to visit the midwives was uneventful and we got news shortly after that visit that I passed my glucose test which was excellent news. Some of y'all know how good this news is better than others but it's good news either way and we were excited. We've started baby classes at the birth center & those have been fun, especially with all of the different personalities in our class. I don't have any bizarre pregnant experiences or cravings to report although I think french toast has finally registered on the list of things I love, along with watermelon, peaches and peanut butter sandwiches. I also love dessert. I don't have it even half as much as I think about it...but I think about it a lot. Now I'm thinking about dessert...

Let's see more about fall happenings..USF Football  should only be discussed in hushed tones & that's all we can say about that. We're participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer's on Saturday in honor of Grandma. I'm going over to Orlando to meet a dear friend's new little baby mister & visit with Ash Mat later this week. The Halloween decorations are up and we've already worked through our fist bag of candy corn {speaking of dessert}. We're also getting ready for Baby M's baby shower next weekend and the arrival of Mary Grace & Charlene. I can't wait to see what Lauren, Ash Mat & Coop have cooked up for the shower & spend some time with some of my favorite ladies!

Fall just started & we're already having the best time. Hope life is grand wherever you're reading this!

Happy Fall y'all,
Meggo





No comments:

Post a Comment