Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful for Silliness

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I am deliberately NOT participating in this daily FB thanksgiving...just like I don't participate in the secret breast cancer awareness Facebook statuses that double as inappropriate, nor do I participate in whiny "my team didn't win" post-game commentary or soap box political banter (except for right now...a little...ok I'm getting off the soap box)...but My best lady, that Cooper girl just dropped another little funny nugget on me, She said "You know what I'm thankful for? Gchat. I'm thankful that even when we're not together we can always chat online"...and that got me thinking. I bet I'm thankful for a few things that others might think are silly...but silliness is ok with me. So here's my list:

1. Gchat. I too am grateful that when texting first thing in the morning, talking on the phone periodically, posting on each other's facebook & seeing each other 3 or more times a week isn't enough...Coop & I have Gchat to fill our cups.
2. Caller ID. I'm thankful that I get to talk on my own terms.
3. "Sort by: Price Lowest to Highest". I'm grateful that when I am shopping for something, I can always Google what I'm looking for & have the least expensive option at the top of the list. Maybe I don't always get the least expensive option, but it's nice to know what the spectrum is.
4. Amazon Prime. I'm grateful that I don't pay shipping anymore.
5. My NEW laptop battery. I'm grateful that I can actually unplug my laptop & use it as it was intended...a portable computer. Although I would like to say it's the 3rd one I've purchased...which is annoying.
6. Google docs. I'm grateful that I can share favorites, budgets, & contact lists online with whomever I choose...and exclude others from looking at my Christmas gift list...and access it from ANY COMPUTER IN THE WORRRRRRLD.
7. Someecards.com. I'm grateful that they make my friends & me laugh whilst also pointing out dysfunctional social customs & behaviors without anybody really "noticing". 
8. The favorites button on Etsy. I'm grateful that I can keep track of all of the handy crafted things I love & refer back when I'm in the market...for example, all of the wedding stuff I saved 2 years ago!
9. My iPhone 3. I'm grateful that it's still marginally functional & the screen isn't cracked.
10. FOR REAL...I'm grateful for all the people I love...A brilliant & talented future husband, family, friends,class mates, mentors, neighbors, teachers, nuggets, sisters & brothers. All the silliness aside I'm grateful for the people in my life who challenge me, and help me see just how good I've got it (whether I deserve it or not), & push me to help make it better for others.

Humbled, Thankful & A Little Silly,
Meggo

No comments:

Post a Comment